Sunday, June 01, 2008

First time's a charm in San Francisco

North Beach, San Francisco - April 18

Kerry and Elita were in town from New York and we went to an Italian restaurant in North Beach. The wait was ridiculous, we just stood there for hours waiting for a table. At one point a gentleman walked right up the stairs I was standing at the top of, and he was staring right at me. He then got behind me and lurked for a minute. Then he finally tapped me and told me I looked like a friend of his, and that she also has blue eyes like mine. I didn't know what to say so I just smiled and said in my head - well, I'm not her cause I've never seen you before in my life.

He then stared for a second longer and wished me a good night.

HG made me some cards to hand out when this sort of thing happens, directing them to this website and I've been showing some of my friends. They're first reaction when I tell them how many people come up to me to tell me they know me from somewhere or that I look like someone they know is that they're hitting on me. But I would say that half the people who do think they recognize me from somewhere are women. However, the above episode definitely felt like it was flirty.

No comments: