Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cosmopolitan in San Francisco

San Francisco - July 30th @ Cosmopolitan Restaurant

On an arbitrary Wednesday night I was sitting in a restaurant booth with P performing random acts of PDA when I see a Japanese man making eye contact with me. He had just gotten up from the bar and was walking out. When he saw me, he stopped, stared, and **waved!!** He then said hi to me, to which P turned his head to look at him, and he said hi to him too. P and I just watched him stare at me, when the words came out of his mouth: "I know you from somewhere." P turned right to me and instructed me: "Give him a card!"

I started laughing uncontrollably and became totally embarrassed. the Japanese man said he was sure he knew me cause he never forgets a face. Wrong! He hung around quite longer than was appropriate, and in the end I couldn't give him a card :( Next time.

I definitely did not know him.

4 comments:

Honey Gangsta said...

SHAME ON YOU!!! For both PDA and not giving out a card. I worked hard on those and now he'll never get to enjoy reading about himself.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Can't believe reading your blog. It was like reading my own stories. This happens to me habitually and it is a joke within my family. Today, I was in San Francisco, traveling on business and eating lunch with my bosses. A guy came over with an iphone and took my photo saying that I have a twin. My bosses were so taken back by it but I didn't even flinch. What up???? I figured it had to be happening to other people so I googled "you look familiar" and found your blog. I love the card idea! Have you ever met anyone else with the same experience?

dlynnrn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikoletta said...

I just recently mentioned this to my dad, and he said that this happens to him a lot. Which doesn't surprise me, because I see people who look like my dad often.

I'll try to post my card on here...