Friday, May 22, 2009

Coincidentally Weird

San Francisco - March 6th @ Macy's

This is a true story! On March 6th, I went to One Twenty for Hair in SOMA - downtown San Francisco, where Marco cut and styled my hair beautifully. That day I had off from work, and decided to run a couple of errands, including going to Macy's to look for a dress for an upcoming wedding. On the way to Macy's I tried to get glimpse of my new 'do at every chance - like in store windows reflecting Marco's genius. I was happy with my new haircut.

I get to Macy's, and up to the 4th floor dress department I go. I'm looking through a gaggle of BCBG dresses (my favorite), when a sales lady comes up to me and says:

"Did you do something new with your hair?"

WHAT? Yes, indeed I have, but I don't know who this sales person is! How does she know? I looked at her, and she repeated her question - "Did you do something new with your hair?" trailing the end of the sentence to almost mute as she realized that I am not who she thought I was upon closer inspection.

I still didn't know how to reply, because, yes I did just do something new with my hair. It was so utterly confusing! I just stared at her, not knowing the answer. I couldn't think of anything that seemed appropriate to say - nothing! After a few more very long seconds she said to me: "Oh, sorry. You look like someone who regularly shops here."

I walked away without having said a single word. Just confused.

No comments: