Friday, May 22, 2009

Taxi!

San Francisco - April 17th in a cab in SOMA

My friend Gerber Daisy came to visit for a day. We hopped in a cab on a Friday night to go to an Art Gallery where her cousin was showing - it was opening night! I hopped in the cab first, and the cabbie says "Melissa?" I just ignored him, cause I'm not Melissa, and sometimes you can't tell if they're on the phone with their hands free device. I was actually wondering why Gerber Daisy hadn't hopped in the cab herself - she was probably making conversation with a totally random stranger on the side walk as usual. Finally she gets in the cab and the cabbie repeats: "Melissa?" This time staring right at me in the rear view mirror.

No - I'm not Melissa! "Oh, you look like one of my regulars."
Gerber Daisy: "Regulars? Regular what? Who do you pick up on the corner 'regularly?'"

Turns out he was Russian, and that means that I look Russian, especially in the rear view mirror. Geez.

No comments: